AWS System Operations Consultant
$100 – $175 per hour / based on experience
Up to 20 hours per week
Contract End Date
Through March 31, 2021
Posting Expiration Date
Open until filled
Are you passionate about supporting the improvement of the quality of public services and jobs in Oregon? If you have information services/technology experience in government, worker training, or nonprofit administration, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the IS Director, the AWS System Operations Consultant will be part of a team of professionals who help deliver the benefits of labor-management Trusts. The AWS System Operations Consultant will help design, integrate, accredit, test, and implement an AWS environment to include the necessary input/output interfaces.
- Complete AWS architecture to ingest, process, store, and manage operational data for data management.
- Work in tandem with SQL database architect, data analysts, internal stakeholders, and vendor to create our architecture and advise on best development practices.
- Configure and maintain applications housed on AWS
- Liaise with Sesame Relational Junction vendor and troubleshoot Sesame application.
- Resolve multiple ingest interfaces and system high output interfaces; leverage existing accredited high-speed threshold guard/firewall services
- Develop system functional and non-functional requirements.
- Integrate all aspects of this implementation.
- Determine security and system performance alert thresholds and automate SNS alerts.
- Provide regular written status reporting to stakeholders at all levels of the customer organization.
- Create comprehensive system documentation and diagrams.
- Work (Plan, Schedule, coordinate, negotiate, perform) with System Project Team, development contractors, system partners, and other stakeholders to develop and execute all necessary testing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to implement software systems within the AWS cloud environment that leverages specific, available AWS applications, utilities, and tools including Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2), Simple cloud Storage Service (S3), Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Knowledge of integrating software systems in a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Ability to re-configure and transition software from a server-based environment to a cloud-based environment.
- Understanding of networking, routing, and configuration of virtual private networks (VPN).
- Understanding of the AWS Cost Management tools and lifecycle cost and trades associated with AWS services.
- Expert proficiency in the use of MS Server in the command-line and in a graphical environment.
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits
- A commitment to treating coworkers and participants with respect
- 2-3 Years experience administering and architecting AWS infrastructure
- 2-3 Years of experience as a system administrator
- Desired Qualifications:
- Amazon (AWS) certifications to include any or all of the following; Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, AWS Security. Experience with HIPAA.
- Proficient in AWS Command Line Interface
- Experience with software written in Python, Powershell, Java or C/C++
- Preferred networking experience and certifications such as CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and/or Cisco CCIE
This position is not responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
□ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
✓ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
- Able to travel to meeting locations within the state
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.