Limited Duration (24 months)
$4,713 to $6,866 Per Month
Posting Expiration Date
July 21, 2021
Are you passionate about supporting initiatives that improve the quality of public services and jobs in Oregon? If you have experience in government, benefits administration, worker training, or nonprofit administration, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter, and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting at Indeed.com.
Reporting to the Manager of Carewell Benefits, the Carewell Benefits Analyst will be part of a team of professionals who help deliver the benefits of labor-management Trusts. The Benefits Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to the Carewell Benefits program. The focus of this position is to work closely with stakeholders in key program areas to gain in-depth understanding of each program’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the Trusts operate. This role will be key to understanding and documenting the capabilities needed to address business challenges and carry forward business goals.
- Interview various staff, vendors, and stakeholders to gain an understanding of current Carewell benefit systems, data flow, rules, and procedures
- Manage and produce deliverables that will include current and future state documentation, gap analysis, data, and workflow mapping
- Lead high level tasks and analyses related to open enrollment
- Identify inefficiencies and streamline processes
- Work with internal project stakeholders and technology teams to design effective programming and systems changes
- Manage benefit feasibility studies including the creation of written narratives with findings and recommendations
- Manage and carry out tasks assigned to support the Carewell Benefits organizational change management project
- Track tasks and projects using the standard project management tool
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders and vendors to keep business flowing and ensure expected outcomes are achieved
- Integrate new process changes seamlessly
- Lead the development of RFPs for Carewell Benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Certification in Project Management preferred
- Knowledge of project management standards, preferably the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Demonstrated commitment to leading on equity and inclusion
- Ability to perform in fast-paced, ambiguous, and changing environments
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits
- Ability to use the following office equipment, tools, and machines: laptop computer and mouse, mobile phone, printer, copier
- Ability to support RISE’s organizational values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Equity in the development and delivery of your work including demonstrated positive interactions with staff, vendors, the consumers we support, and other organizational stakeholders
- 3+ years working in a Business Analyst role
- Previous experience in benefits and/or insurance
- Experience working with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace preferred
- University degree preferred
This position is not responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
□ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
✓ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.