Care Provider Field Trainer – Limited Duration
Limited Duration – Expires April 30, 2022
$24.19 to $38.61 Per Hour
Posting Expiration Date
Are you passionate about supporting the improvement of the quality of public services and jobs in Oregon? If you are bilingual and have training experience, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting at Indeed.com.
Reporting to the Training Delivery Manager, the Care Provider Field Trainer will be part of a team of professionals who help deliver the benefits of labor-management Trusts. The Care Provider Field Trainer will be responsible for ensuring each training class provides an exceptional learning experience for the workers. This position will be required to travel to facilitate classes around Oregon with a majority of classes facilitated within their assigned teaching radius and online in a virtual classroom environment.
- Facilitate various courses to home care and personal support workers around the State of Oregon and online in virtual classroom environments
- Work within an online Learning Management System, Zoom, Google Suite, and other software to facilitate courses
- Assist workers with assessment review, curriculum questions, and general questions as needed
- Collaborate with fellow trainers and managers to develop and test best practices for delivery of courses
- Travel to class venues within the State of Oregon, potentially out of town
- Provide recommendations for changes to curriculum or facilitation techniques
- Manage each class to provide an exceptional and equitable learning experience
- Keep an accurate inventory of trainer supplies and request additional supplies as needed
- Serve as the main point of contact for day-of venue operations and classroom logistics for both in person and virtual trainings
- With the support of the local venue, ensure A/V systems are functioning properly
- Continuously improve facilitation skills based on feedback from supervisor
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Ability to secure a private and professional location to conduct work while working remotely (home office or similar environment)
- Ability to reliably travel to and from class venues as needed
- Ability to transport and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to use the following office equipment, tools and machines: computer, projector, training supplies, camera, headset, screen.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bilingual fluency required in one of following languages: Vietnamese or Chinese
- Complete and pass language test with “Advanced Low” rating as rated by Language Testing International required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to support RISE’s organizational values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Equity in the development and delivery of your work including demonstrated positive interactions with staff, vendors, the consumers we support and other organizational stakeholders
- High School Diploma / GED
- Experience in the care provider field, such as in-home care, nursing home, adult foster home, long-term care facility, familial care, etc. or a support person such as a case manager, social worker, or other related experience
- Formal teaching or informal training experience
This position is not responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
✓ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
□ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
- Able to travel to meeting locations within the state
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.