Sr. Database Architect Consultant
$100 – $175 per hour / based on experience
Up to 20 hours per week
Contract End Date
Through March 31, 2021
Posting Expiration Date
Open until filled
Are you passionate about supporting the improvement of the quality of public services and jobs in Oregon? If you have information services/technology experience in government, worker training, or nonprofit administration, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the IS Director, the Sr. Database Architect Consultant will be part of a team of professionals who help deliver the benefits of labor-management Trusts. RISE is in the process of implementing an AWS Data Warehouse that requires SQL Engineering and SQL Architect proficiency.
- Designs and develops ETL, data cleansing, and data sharing capabilities for our databases;
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Creates and maintains system architecture and process documentation;
- Acts as a technical subject matter expert for Relational Junction and MS SQL Server; advises and informs internal and partner organizations as needed for the successful implementation of our project(s);
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed systems; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications;
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions;
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions;
- Prepares users by conducting training;
- Implements security controls to protect databases against compromises of their confidentiality, integrity, and availability;
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, configuring access to database objects, and resolving problems;
- Accomplishes Information Systems and RISE Partnership’s mission by completing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work with and implement complex systems
- Proven ability to foster positive and productive relationships with vendors and clients in order to reach goals outlined by the client
- Ability to use the following office systems, equipment, tools, and machines that relate to this position:
- Familiarity with AWS
- Agile/ Scrum background
- Database Architect
- Windows Server
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to seek out solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits
- A commitment to treating coworkers and participants with respect
- Highly desired – five (5) years of demonstrated experience working with professionals on projects that brought program improvements and deliverables
- Experience or desire to work in a startup environment
This position is not responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
□ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
✓ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
- Able to travel to meeting locations within the state
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.