Director of Carewell SEIU 503 Training Programs
$6,688.09 to $ 8,962.68 per month
Posting Expiration Date
Open until filled
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting at Indeed.com.
Leading at an executive level, the Director of Carewell Training will lead all aspects of this essential program which serves the current population of 29,000 homecare and personal support workers, as well as new caregivers entering the workforce. The Director will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders — including trustees, union members and leaders, employer representatives, and state partners – on the continued development and implementation of this large scale training program.
- Lead the Carewell Training portfolio which includes budget, planning, success metrics, supply/demand forecasting, quality improvement and team and vendor management.
- Work closely with Trustees to communicate goals, progress, and grow the program, including leading the program’s overall strategy and direction.
- Serve as the program’s spokesperson with internal and external stakeholders, including employers, unions and State of Oregon Agencies concerning implementation and ongoing operations.
- Prepare annual and quarterly budgets for Board review and approval
- Administer training in compliance with state, federal laws, collective bargaining agreements, participation agreements, and similar.
- Make recommendations for training innovations and future growth opportunities, and lead those efforts.
- Help foster a healthy organizational culture that leads with a focus on equity and inclusion, both in terms of delivery of training to participants and internal staff culture.
- Lead within RISE Partnership as part of the senior leadership team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated abilities in coordinating a complex operation including supervising staff, vendors, and contractors
- Knowledge of the long-term care industry and workforce (preferred)
- Experience working with board members and other stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Able to lead services with diverse (cultural, racial, ethnic, class, linguistic) stakeholder base
- Skilled in fiscal management including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational equity and inclusion
- Ability to create and maintain strong positive relationships with the RISE team, employers, workers, and union representatives
- A commitment to advancing the voice and conditions of Oregon’s workers
- 5+ years of leadership in nonprofit, union, government, industry or trade association
- Strong familiarity with developing services at scale in education/training, healthcare, workforce development, or similar
- Experience with training and/or workforce development
- Experiencing building and leading high-functioning staff teams
- Experience with fiscal management at $1M+ level
- Experience working with employers and unions (preferred)
- Experience working in a start-up environment (preferred)
This position is responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
□ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
✓ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
- Able to travel between worksites and/or meeting locations within the state
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
RISE Partnership is committed to keeping our community and workforce safe. Please note that all employees are required to be in compliance with our RISE Mandatory COVID Vaccination Policy prior to their start date.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.