Director of Finance (CFO)
$6,461.92 to $8,659.59 Per Month
Posting Expiration Date
July 31, 2021
Are you passionate about supporting initiatives that improve the quality of public services and jobs in Oregon? If you have experience in government, benefits administration, worker training, or nonprofit administration, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting at Indeed.com.
Reporting to the Executive Director (CEO), the Director of Finance is responsible for the organizational financial operations; developing processes and infrastructure; day-to-day financial management; and budget reporting, forecasting, and analysis. This financial portfolio includes five trusts and one corporation.
- Provide leadership and management of the accounting department, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
- Prepare, review, and present with Executive Leadership team monthly Financial Statements that are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Review and analyze Financial Statements and provide recommendations to Trust Program Directors.
- Facilitate Program Directors and organizational departments in preparing annual budgets that support the overall organizational direction.
- Manage annual audit process.
- Manage Cash Flow including providing timely cash flow forecasts to Executive Director.
- Manage and work closely with outside consultants who support the financial and accounting functions.
- Keep apprised of local and regional regulatory requirements to understand the potential impact on the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing appropriate insurance coverage is maintained. Work and maintain relationships with outside insurance brokers.
- Develop, implement, and manage internal controls in accordance with the organization’s procedures.
- Participate as part of the senior leadership team of RISE, including participation in organization-wide activities, strategic planning, achievement of programmatic goals, restructuring discussions, and any other managerial or organizational duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage with vision and purpose: connect work and the work of teams as they lead to the organization’s mission vision and values.
- Ability to advance diversity by supporting equitable, fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Ability to lead with courage by not being afraid to take action when necessary, accepting critical feedback and incorporating feedback into the work.
- Proficient in all accounting functions and activities and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Possesses strategic agility by clearly forecasting and anticipating future consequences and trends accurately.
- Ability to make timely quality decisions through the use of analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to build effective teams by creating and fostering strong morale within and across teams, while creating a collaborative environment.
- Must possess excellent business judgment, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Uniform Guidance required.
- Knowledge of state and federal grant compliance desired.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and excellent Excel skills including but not limited to lookups and pivot tables.
- Preferred: Experience or desire to work with the following tools and software: Paycom, QuickBooks Online.
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits.
- A commitment to treating coworkers and participants with respect.
- Ability to support RISE’s organizational values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Equity in the development and delivery of your work including demonstrated positive interactions with staff, vendors, the consumers we support, and other organizational stakeholders.
- Ability to use the following office equipment, tools, and machines: Laptop computer, mouse, keyboard, copier, scanner, fax machine, online collaboration tools such as Wrike, Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype for Business. Familiarity working in Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
- 7+ years of experience with financial planning and analysis, budgets, forecasts, strategic analysis, grants, and contracts
- Previous experience working in a value-aligned organization preferred
This position is responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
✓ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
□ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
- Occasional travel between worksites and/or meeting locations within the state
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.