Healthcare Program Development Director
$6,461.92 to $8,659.59 Per Month
Are you passionate about helping Oregon’s essential care workforce obtain quality, affordable healthcare? Do you have experience developing and implementing innovative programs with broad stakeholders? Want to work for an amazing organization? RISE Partnership is looking to hire a senior executive to drive a new, groundbreaking healthcare program.
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting at Indeed.com.
Reporting to the Senior Program Director, this role will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of new healthcare coverage and delivery models for Oregon’s care provider workforce. This position will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders — including union members and leaders, employer representatives, and state partners — to develop and deliver affordable and accessible healthcare options that will benefit essential care workers across the state of Oregon.
- Conduct rigorous project management and implementation with varied stakeholders including employers, unions, and State or Oregon agencies.
- Serve as a spokesperson with internal and external stakeholders concerning implementation and ongoing operations.
- Manage staff, vendors, and other professional stakeholder relationships.
- Manage data and analysis to inform potential program design and healthcare models.
- Prepare annual and quarterly budgets for approval with support from finance staff.
- Administer services in compliance with state, federal laws, collective bargaining agreements, and similar.
- Use data to inform potential program design and healthcare models.
- Maintain highly confidential information.
- Help foster a healthy organizational culture that leads with a focus on equity and inclusion, both in terms of delivery of benefits to participants and internal staff culture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the long-term care industry and workforce (preferred)
- Demonstrated abilities in coordinating a complex operation including supervising staff, vendors, and contractors
- Skilled in working with stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Able to lead services with diverse (cultural, racial, ethnic, class, linguistic) customer base
- Skilled in fiscal management including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational equity and inclusion
- Ability to create and maintain strong positive relationships with the RISE team, employers, workers, and union representatives
- A commitment to advancing the voice and conditions of Oregon’s workers
- Ability to support RISE’s organizational values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Equity in the development and delivery of your work including demonstrated positive interactions with staff, vendors, the consumers we support, and other organizational stakeholders
- 5+ years of leadership in nonprofit, healthcare, union, government, industry or trade association
- Experience working with employers and unions (preferred)
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
RISE Partnership is committed to keeping our community and workforce safe. Please note that effective January 1, 2022, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or possess an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to their start date.
This position is responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
✓ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
□ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
- Occasional travel between worksites and/or meeting locations within the state
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.