$4446 to $7028 Per Month
Are you passionate about delivering outstanding training and benefits with a focus on equity and worker-employer collaboration? If you have graphic design and online learning development experience, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter, and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting at Indeed.com.
Reporting to the Curriculum Development Manager, the Instructional Designer will be part of a team of professionals who help deliver the benefits of labor-management Trusts. The Instructional Designer will work collaboratively with internal leadership as well as external stakeholders to design, build, enhance, and scale curriculum for homecare and personal support workers in the State of Oregon. The individual in this role will be primarily focused on using sound instructional design methodologies to develop effective and engaging instructional materials for instructor-led, self-directed, virtual classroom, web-based, and/or blended learning platforms. Additionally, they will create additional visual and graphic elements to be used throughout the training curriculum. This is an exciting opportunity to jump right in and be an integral part of a team focused on training and upskilling a workforce of more than 30,000 individuals across the state.
- Design and develop online courses, instructor-led courses, facilitator manuals, participant guides, and job aids
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts
- Utilize adult learning principles and instructional design best practices to best fit the needs of our learner
- Enthusiastically dive into exploring ambiguous learning topics and demonstrate resourcefulness and curiosity to come up with creative solutions
- Organize and prioritize work, adhere to milestones contained within courseware project plans, and provide regular status updates
- Optimize the use of learning technologies that will ensure we can deliver training solutions at the required scale
- Evolve and expand templates used to create training content
- Design and develop graphics and infographics for use in training materials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of and demonstrated application of adult learning theory
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), multiple teams, and stakeholders soliciting/incorporating feedback to make necessary changes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including grammar and punctuation
- Highly effective time and project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, and implement multiple projects
- Ability to work in a self-motivated, task-oriented, and flexible work environment
- Expert level ability to work with graphic design programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc. or similar)
- Proficient with online course design tools and software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar)
- Familiarity using audio and visual editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Camtasia, Audacity, Premiere, Photoshop, GIMP, SnagIt, etc. or similar)
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems and publishing standards (SCORM, AICC, xAPI, Tin Can)
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
- Ability to wear many hats and be comfortable with ambiguity
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits
- Ability to support RISE’s organizational values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Equity in the development and delivery of your work including demonstrated positive interactions with staff, vendors, the consumers we support, and other organizational stakeholders
- One to three years’ experience with instructional design, online learning development, training methodologies, including content design and development
- One to three years’ experience with designing visual concepts using graphic design tools and software
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
RISE Partnership is committed to keeping our community and workforce safe. Please note that effective January 1, 2022, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or possess an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to their start date.
This position is not responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
✓ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
□ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.