$22.47 to $32.92 per hour
Posting Expiration Date
May 7, 2021
Are you passionate about access to training and benefits for workers? If you have leadership experience in government, worker training, or nonprofit administration, we want to talk with you!
Ready to join us? A resume, cover letter and references are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for RISE Partnership and provide an example of your demonstrated success in a similar position. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting link on Indeed.com.
Reporting to the Training Experience Manager, the Support Specialist will be part of a team of professionals who help deliver the benefits of labor-management Trusts. The Support Specialist will assist in supporting workers who experience barriers to accessing their training and benefits.
- Receive and process worker inquiries
- Discern, identify and raise learner concerns that require immediate attention
- Liaison with the Member Assistance Center (MAC)
- Provide resources and support for workers as requests arise
- Process requests for offline curriculum support through means of coordination using USPS, UPS, or FedEx
- Support Trainers’ concerns/requests, resolving problems and escalating issues as appropriate
- Evaluate workers’ reports of undue burden, determine worker’s eligibility for support, and process supports for workers experiencing undue burdens
- Provide tech support to homecare/personal support workers using the Learning Management System (LMS), or other tools required
- Provide cross functional support in areas where needed during pilot phase as we navigate through online trainings
- Work closely with Student Support Specialist and Logistics Support Specialist to assist homecare/personal support workers needing any additional help accessing online training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, and changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound judgement and ability to accurately prioritize when given multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to find solutions to complex multi-disciplinary problems
- A commitment to giving workers the capability and confidence they need to make the most of their union-negotiated benefits
- A commitment to treating coworkers and participants with respect
- Experience using software such as: Salesforce, Google Drive, Slack
- Ability to support RISE’s organizational values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Equity in the development and delivery of your work including demonstrated positive interactions with staff, vendors, the consumers we support and other organizational stakeholders
- Ability to use the following office equipment, tools and machines: laptop computer and mouse, mobile phone, printer, copier
- 1+ years of previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in customer service or logistics
This position is not responsible for supervising other staff members.
- Check the appropriate health classification group for this position:
□ Group 1 – Requires physical abilities to perform instant or sustained arduous physical activity
✓ Group 2 – Requires occasional lifting and exertion for short periods
□ Group 3 – Requires very limited physical exertion
- Readiness to work occasional long hours, weekends
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.